Spanish Style Sardines
1 kg fresh Sardines, cleaned head and tail removed
2-3 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
2 tsp. Paprika
10-20 pcs. Bay Leaves
2-3 tsp. Whole pepper
1/4 pitted Olives
1 1/2 cup Olive oil
1 1/2 big Garlic, lightly crashed
1 tbsp. Fish sauce
1 big Carrot
1-2 cups Water
2-3 Sili labuyo
1) Using a pressure cooker, arrange the garlic and bay leaves.
2) Arrange the sardines evenly. Then add pitted olives, carrots, chilli pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, whole pepper, olive oil and water. Make sure that the water is just enough to submerge the fish.
3) Close the pressure cooker and make sure it is lock completely. Place on medium heat for 45 minutes. If you are using bigger fish like bangus, cook it for 1 hour.
4) After 45 minutes, remove from the heat and run the water on the pressure cooker to release the steam. Wait till it stop to wistle. Remove from the water and unlock and open the pressure cooker.
5) Transfer the sardines in a platter, best serve with rice. Enjoy!