Aling Oday’s Escabecheng Isda (Sweet and Sour Fish) is another quick and easy recipe. The sweet and sour sauce is perfect to serve with rice for lunch or dinner.
- Season the fish with salt and fry it till cooked. Set aside.
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté garlic, onion and ginger till the onion is soft.
- Add carrots and continue to fry according to your desired tenderness.
- Add the water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pepper and ketchup (optional) and bring to boil.
- Add the bell pepper, simmer for 2 – 3 minutes, do not over cook it.
- Pour the dissolved cornstarch slowly while stirring continuously according to your desired thickness. (you may not need to put all the cornstarch). remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the fried fish in a plate and pour the sauce on top. Best served with rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: swwet and sour fish, escabecheng isda