1kg Green papaya, grated
3 cups Vinegar
2 tbsp Salt
1 3/4 cups Brown sugar
1 whole Garlic, slightly crashed
2 inches Luya, sliced into strips
1 Bell pepper, sliced into strip
8-10 pcs Sibuyas Tagalog
1 medium Carrots, sliced like flower
Fish sauce or salt to taste
1/2 tsp. Ground pepper
Water for soaking
1. Add salt to grated papaya and squeeze the papaya well.
2. After squeezing the papaya, soak it with water and leave it for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain the water from papaya and place the papaya in a clean dish cloth then squeeze it well. Set aside.
4. Next, combine vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan. Mix it well until the sugar is dissolved. Season with salt or fish sauce according to your taste. Bring it to boil then remove from the heat. Cool it down.
5. Add carrots, onion, garlic, bell pepper and ginger.
6. Add the vinegar mixture into the grated papaya. Mix it well. Leave it to cool it down completely.
7. Transfer the atchara in a clean jar. Then refrigerate