- Slice the napa cabbage into 4. Wash thoroughly. Set aside.
- Rub salt in each cabbage leaf. Transfer the cabbage in a big bowl and pour the water and soak the cabbage for 2 – 3 hours. Turn over the cabbage every 30 minutes.
- For the base: Combine water, glutinous flour and sugar in a sauce pan. Mix it well till the corn starch is dissolved. Turn on the heat and simmer till it thickens.
- Place the garlic, onion and ginger in food processor or blender to puree. Set aside.
- After 2 – 3 hours of soaking the cabbage. Wash it again thorough until the salt is removed. Drain the excess water. Set aside.
- Combine the kimchi base, pureed garlic, onion and ginger in a bowl. Add the sliced vegetables. Mix it well.
- Spread the kimchi base on each cabbage leaves. Transfer it in air tight container and refrigerate overnight before serving.