Sipo Egg is a Chinese cuisine and is an insanely flavoursome dish. This dish has a rich thick sauce with shrimp, quail eggs, and vegetables such as carrots and green peas. With added aroma of sesame oil.
2 dozens Quail Eggs, hard boiled
250g Pork, boiled and sliced
1 cup Pork Stock
1 cup Mushroom Button
5 – 6 cloves Garlic
1 pc. Onion
1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 pc. Carrot, cut into cubes
1 small Singkamas or Parsnips, cut into cubes
2 stalks Celery, sliced
1/2 cup Green peas
1 cup Green Beans, sliced into 2
1 pc. Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
2 tbsp. Chinese Wine
Oil for sautéing
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tsp. Cornstarch dissolved in 1 1 1/2 tbsp. Water
Cashew Nuts for toppings
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté onion till soft. Add garlic and continue to sauté till the aroma of garlic comes out.
- Add pork slices, shrimps, carrots, celery and singkamas or parsnips. Cover and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add greens beans, bell pepper, mushrooms, green peas, pork stock, chinese wine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let it simmer for another 3 – 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add boiled quail eggs and cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Continue to cool till the sauce thickens.
- Lastly, add the sesame oil. Mix it well. Remove from the heat and transfer in a serving bowl. Garnish with cashew nuts in top before serving. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: sipo egg