Fresh Lumpia or Lumpiang Sariwa. Lumpiang Sariwa is a popular Filipino spring roll with stir fried vegetables. The wrapper is thin like a crepe. Best serve with your peanut sauce.
- In a heated pan with 2 tbsp. of oil, Sauté garlic and onion till the onion is soft. Add the mince pork and sauté it well till the mince pork is brown.
- Add the potato, carrots, celery, green beans and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Beansprout, bell pepper and cabbage. Season with salt and pepper according to you taste. Do not over cook the veggies. Turn off from the heat, drain the excess water/oil and let it cool down completely before wrapping.
- To prepare the wrapper, beat the eggs in a bowl then add the water, salt, oil and flour. Mix well till the flour is fully dissolve. You may use a strainer to make sure no more lumps of flour in your mixture. Set a side.
- In a non-stick pan (preferably) brush oil thinly. Scoop a mixture and pour it in the middle of the pan and roll it to spread the mixture. Make sure that the heat is low. Wait till the top of the wrapper is dry. Loosen up the sides and just tip it over a greased plate. Continue the procedure.
- Spread the wrapper in a plate. Place one sliced of lettuce at the top end Scoop about 2 – 3 tbsp. of the cooked vegetables and place on top of the lettuce, make sure the lettuce is expose at the top. Fold the bottom end over the filling then fold in the sides to overlap. Continue the procedure till all the mixture is wrapped.
- To prepare the sauce, mix all ingredients in a sauce pan except for the corn starch and peanuts. Bring it to boil, then pour the cornstarch mixture to thicken. And finally the peanuts or peanut butter. And now your fresh lumpia is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: fresh lumpia, lumpiang sariwa, lumpiang hubad