500g kalabasa (squash), sliced in small pieces
500g Sitaw (long beans)
250g prawns (small or big) or pork slice in small sizes
2 tbsp. bagoong alamang
2 cups coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, mince
salt & pepper to taste
oil for sautéing
1. Heat up a pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till soft and tender. If you are using pork, you can add it now and let it simmer till the pork is golden brown.
2. Add kalabasa and mix it well. Cover the pan and let it simmer for about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of sliced kalabasa.
3. After 5 minutes of simmering, add coconut milk and bagoong and mix it well. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until it is half-cooked.
4. Check the taste if you need to add more salt. Season with pepper.
5. Add sitaw and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or according to your desired doneness. Do not overcook the vegetables to keep the nutrients.
6. Best serve with fried fish and boiled rice. Enjoy!