2 cans green jack fruit (langka), sliced thinly
1/2 kg. prawns
1-2 tbsp. bagoong alamang
2 cans coconut milk (about 4 cups)
1 onion, diced
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 inch ginger root (luya)
salt & pepper to taste
1 shrimp cube
1/2 small packet of Magic sarap or Ginisa mix (optional)
oil for sautéing
sili labuyo (optional)
1. Heat up a pan with oil. Sauté garlic, onion and ginger till soft.
2. Add the jackfruit (langka) and continue sautéing for 5 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk, bagoong alamang, shrimp cubes and Magic sarap (optional). Let it simmer on a medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Season with salt & pepper according to your taste.
4. After 30 minutes, add the prawns. Stir to cook the prawns evenly for 10 minutes. Do not overcook the prawns.
5. After 10 minutes when the prawn is cooked, turn off the heat. Best serve with boiled rice. Enjoy!