Kimchi Fried Rice
1 cup Kimchi, cut into thumbnail size pieces
150g Bacon, cut into thumbnail size pieces
1/2 cup Mushroom, sliced
3 cups steamed white Rice
3 pcs. large Eggs, cooked sunny side up
3 – 4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Kimchi Juice (this liquid is from the bottom of the kimchi container)
1 tbsp. Sesama Oil
2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
1 tbsp. Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
1 to 2 tbsp. Toasted
Sesame Seeds to garnish
Chopped Spring Onion
Roasted shredded See weeds (optional)
- On medium high heat preheat a pan/wok and once heated, add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula. Fry the eggs and set aside.
- Add the bacon, cook the bacon till light brown. Then add the garlic and stir it well until half of it is cooked.
- Add the Kimchi and stir until half of it is cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and mix them well for a few seconds. Reduce the heat to medium-medium low.
- Add the rice and the kimchi juice. Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
- Add the sesame oil and mix them well. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the Kimchi fried rice on a plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds, green onion and seaweed strips. (Garnish is all optional). Place the cooked egg on top. Enjoy!