Stuffed peppers is a dish common in many cuisines. It consists of hollowed or halved peppers filled with any of a variety of fillings, often including meat, vegetables, cheese, rice, or sauce.
3 pcs. medium Bell Peppers
250g Ground Beef
150g grated Cheddar Cheese
1 pc. Tomato, chopped
2 tbsp. Oil
1 pc. small Onion, chopped
2 – 3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Chilli Powder
1 tsp. ground Cumin
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Paprika
2 tbsp. Oil for sautéing
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F. Prepare a tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the bell pepper in half (lengthwise) and remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers in a tray and drizzle 1 tbsp. of Olive oil on top. Set aside.
- Pre-heat pan with 1 tbsp. Olive oil. Sauté onion and tomato until soft. Add minced garlic and continue to sauté till the aroma of garlic comes out.
- Add the ground beef and sauté. Break the beef lumps and continue to cook on medium heat until the beef is no longer pink/red.
- Add the chilli powder, paprika, ground cumin and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add-in 1/2 portion of grated cheese. Mix it well.
- Stuff the bell pepper with the beef mixture. Garnish with grated cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: stuffed pepper with beef and cheese,