500g Mince Pork
1 big potato, sliced into small cubes
1 big carrots, grated or cubed
3-4 pcs. Small talong, boiled & skin removed
1 Onion, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. plain flour
3-4 large eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 red or green bell pepper (optional
Oil for sautéing & frying
1. Pre-heat a pan with 2-3 tbsp. of oil. Sauté garlic and onion until soft and tender.
2. Add minced pork and potato. Sauté till the meat is golden brown for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
3. Add carrots and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper adjust according to your taste. Mix it well and continue to cook for another minute or 2 then remove from the heat and transfer the meat in a mixing bowl.
4. Beat the eggs and add into the meat. Add flour to bind the meat together. Mix it well.
5. In a small plate, scoop about 2 tbsp. of the meat mixture. Flatten the eggplant and put it on top of the meat mixture. Scoop another 2-3 tbsp. of meat and place it on top of the eggplant to cover the whole of it. Set aside.
6. Pre-heat oil in a frying pan. Then fry the prepared eggplant for about 2 minutes on one side. Once golden brown, flip it over and continue to cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
7. Transfer in a platter with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
8. To cook plain torta, just scoop desired amount of meat mixture in a small plate and follow the same procedure of frying.
9. Best serve with tomato ketchup or sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!