3 cups beansprout (togue)
1 cup plain/all-purpose flour
1 cup corn flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 – 2 tsp. salt (adjust according to your taste)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup annatto (atsuete) water (I used 1/2 tsp. atsuete powder dissolved in 1/2 tsp. oil then I add the water)
1 cup shrimp juice or plain water
1 egg, beaten
Cooking oil for frying
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl then add all the liquid ingredients and stir it well using a wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
2. In a saucer, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter and arrange a handful of beansprouts. Place a few pieces of shrimp on top then add another tbsp. of batter to cover the shrimp.
3. Heat up a pan with oil, pour slowly and carefully the beansprout batter. Fry until crispy and golden brown on both sides.
4. Place in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
5. Best serve hot with pinakurat vinegar or garlic vinegar with salt and black pepper.