Buko Pandan Crinkles
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp. Pandan Flavouring
1/2 cup Young Coconut
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/2 cup Icing Sugar for dusting
1 tsp. Green Food Coloring
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl – flour, salt, baking powder and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl and using stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the young coconut, pandan flavouring, food coloring and eggs and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add enough food colouring according to how intense the color you’re looking for.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, form little balls of dough and roll it in the icing sugar, place it a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, remove from the oven, allow them to sit for 2 minutes then transfer in a cooling rack and let it cool down completely. Enjoy!