Aling Oday’s version of Pancit Sisig. It is a fusion of Pancit Bihon and Pork Sisig. Perfect for special occasions for the whole family.
500g Grilled Pork Belly, chopped into small cubes
100g Chicken Liver, boiled and chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
4 – 5 cloves Garlic, minced
1 pc. Siling Haba, chopped
2 – 3 tbsp. Liquid Seasoning
Pepper to taste
2 tbsp. Lemon or Calamansi Juice
For the Pancit:
2 cups Pork Broth
1 pc. Carrots, cut into strips
1 cup Green Beans
1 cup shredded Cabbage
1 pc. Onion, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Soy Sauce (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp. Liquid Seasoning
Pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
Crushed Chicharon (optional)
Spring Onions for garnishing
Lemon or Calamansi
- Transfer the pork belly in a pot with water. Simmer for 20minutes on medium heat. Add chicken liver and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and grill the pork till golden brown. Chopped in small cubes and set aside.
- Soak the bihon in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Pre-heat a wok with oil. Sauté chopped grilled pork, onions, chili and garlic. Season with liquid seasoning and pepper to taste. Add lemon or calamansi juice. Set aside.
- Pre-heat a wok with oil. Sauté onion till soft then add minced garlic. Add carrots, greenbeans, and cabbage. Add pork broth and season it with soy sauce and pepper to taste. Bring to boil then add soaked bihon. Continue to cook till the bihon absorbs the broth.
- Transfer the pancit in a platter. Add the sisig and mix it well. Garnish with crushed chcharon and chopped spring onions. Best serve with lemon or calamansi. Enjoy!
Keywords: pancit sisig