Pilau (or pilaf) rice is so much more interesting than plain boiled rice. Spiced with cardamom, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon.
4 – 5 cups Boiled Rice (Basmati rice)
5 pcs. Cardamon Pods
1/2 cup Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp. Cumin Seed
2 large Onion, chopped
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 small Cinnamon Stick
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté onion till it caramelise.
- Add cardamon pods, cinnamon stick, cumin powder and turmeric powder. Continue to sauté for 2 – 3 minutes to infuse the spices.
- Add loosened boiled rice (it’s better to use Basmati rice). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking for 10 – 15 minutes. The longer you fry the rice, the better.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat. Mix it well. The heat from the fried rice will be enough to cook the coriander.
- Transfer in a serving plate and ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Middle East
Keywords: pilau, pilaf, pilau rice, rice