Aling Oday’s Chicken Caldereta is another quick and easy recipe and budget friendly. Best serve with rice for lunch or dinner and for special occasion.
1 kg Chicken Thighs
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 cups Water
1 pc. Onion, chopped
4 – 5 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce (adjust according to your taste)
1 tsp. Pepper
1/4 cup minced Liver or 1 can Liver Spread
1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Green Olives (or more)
1 pc. Bell pepper sliced into strips
Oil for sautéing
Carrots and Potato (optional)
- Pre-heat pan with oil. sauté garlic and onion till soft and translucent.
- Add chicken thighs and continue to sauté it till it turns brown and chicken’s own juice comes out.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Simmer for 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- After simmering for 30 minutes, add liver/liver spread and season with soy sauce adjust according to your taste. Continue to simmer till the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add olives , grated cheddar cheese and bell pepper. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and ready to serve. Enjoy it with rice.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: Chicken Recipe