2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. ice cold water
1 1/2 cups shredded young coconut
1 cup buko juice
3/4 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup corn flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
1. Combine buko, buko juice, evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar and corn starch in a sauce pan, mix it well.
2. Place the pan under a medium heat and stir continuously until it thickens. Let it cool down.
3. Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and mix it well using a pastry mixer or 2 knives until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup of flour mixture.
4. Add 5 tablespoons of ice cold water. Mix together your clean hands. Place the dough on top of the parchment paper then cover it with another parchment paper on top.
5. Then flatten it using a rolling pin. Cut the flattened dough in circles and place it on the baking pan. Ensure no air underneath and poke the pastry using fork so that the steam will come out when baking and to prevent it from ballooning.
6. Place the cooled filling in the pastry pan. Sprinkle the crumbled dlour and butter mixture on top.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Bake the pie for 15 to 20 minutes till it’s golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool down in a wire rack for a minimum of 1 hr to settle the filling. Enjoy!