1 pack (500g) Glutinous Rice Flour
1 cup rice flour
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup mashed potato flakes
2 tbsp. baking powder
2 1/2 cups water + 1/4 cup when needed
oil for frying
1. Dissolve the sugar in water in a mixing bowl.
2. Add mashed potato flakes and stir well.
3. Add baking powder and again stir well till dissolved.
4. Add glutinous rice flour and flour, mix well to form a dough. If the mixture is too dry, add the extra 1/4 cup water 1 tbsp at a time. The dough should be play dough-like consistency.
5. Form the dough into a size of a golf ball, then roll it in between your palms. Continue the procedure till all the is consumed.
6. Get the dough ball and flatten it in between your palm. Place 1 tsp. filling in the centre and fold dough edges together and seal seams by rolling in the palm your hands. Continue rolling it in between your palm till the dough is smooth.
7. Roll in a bowl of sesame seed generously and roll it in between our palm again until the sesame seeds stick.
8. Pre-heat oil in a pan and fry. It’s okay to fry many at a time as you want them to be submerged in oil for even frying.
9. When golden brown, remove and drain and enjoy.