1 cup Cake flour or Self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
5 Large eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. Sugar
1/4 cup Milk
2 tbsp. Oil
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Granulated sugar plus dusting
1) Line one piece 12″x16″x1″ baking tray with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven to 350F/175C.
2) Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
3) Combine all liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Mix at low speed until all ingredients are blended.
4) In a bowl with wire whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar and mix for 1 minute at low speed.
5) Increase to medium speed and continue mixing for 3-4 more minutes until soft peaks form.
6) Decrease to low speed and fold dry ingredients for 8-10 seconds or until incorporated (don’t over mix).
7) Gradually add liquid ingredients and fold. (Do not over mix.)
8) Pour the batter unto the prepared pan.
9) Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
10) Let the cake stand for 5 minutes before placing it on a cooling rack. Peel off the liner once the cake is cool to handle. While the cake is still warm, transfer it in a parchment paper lightly with icing sugar and roll. Leave it rolled to form the cake.
11) Once the cake has cooled down, cut it into 4. Spread filling on top of each sponge then roll the cake using a parchment paper. Roll it in granulated sugar and continue with the rest of the sponge. Ready to serve, enjoy!