Lumpiang Togue is filled with bean sprouts, carrots, potatoes, green beans, pork or shrimp. Golden, crunchy and delicious, vegetable spring rolls best serve with pinakurat the suka (vinegar).
6 cups Toge (Beansprout)
1 cup sliced Green Beans
1 cup Carrots, sliced into strips
1 cup Potato, sliced into small thin strips
3 stalks Celery, sliced into strips
1 cup Cabbage, sliced
1 pc. Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
100g ground Pork or Chicken or Shrimps
5 – 6 cloves Garlic, minced
1 pc. Onion, sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
- In a heated pan with 2 tbsp. of oil, Sauté garlic and onion till the onion is soft. Add the mince pork and sauté it well till the mince pork is brown.
- Add the potato, carrots, celery, green beans and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Beansprout, bell pepper and cabbage. Season with salt and pepper according to you taste. Do not over cook the veggies. Turn off from the heat, drain the excess water/oil and let it cool down completely before wrapping.
- Loosen up the lumpia wrapper and prepare a small bowl of water. Get a plate and spread out the lumpia wrapper. Scoop about 2 tbsp. of the mixture and place it on top of the spring roll wrapper. Roll the wrapper from the top end halfway through then fold in the sides and roll. Seal the edge with water or egg-wash. Continue the procedure till all the mixture is wrapped.
- Pour oil into the sauce pan and deep fry till golden brown. Drain the excess oil by placing the fried lumpia in a strainer for a few minutes.
- Best serve with pinakurat vinegar or vinegar with crashed garlic and pepper. Enjoy!
Keywords: lumpiang togue, lumpia, togue