Angel Food Cake
6 Egg Whites, at room temperature
1/2 cup Cake Flour
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of Cream of Tartar
3/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
½ tsp of Almond Extract
¼ tsp of Salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. Line 5 inch round pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar, whisk on medium speed until the eggs whites are frothy.
3) Turn the speed up to medium high and start adding the sugar slowly and continue to whisk until the egg whites have reached stiff peaks.
4) Turn the mixer off and using a spatula, fold in the flour, vanilla and almond extract but when adding in the flour, add it 1/3 at a time and fold well after each addition.
5) Pour batter into the prepared pan and run a knife threw it to remove any air bubbles.
6) Bake for about 30 minutes or until it springs back to the touch. Immediately invert the pan onto a cooling rack or any kind of object that can hold the pan upside down.
7) Cool completely before removing from the pan.