This Milo Cake is rich, moist Milo flavoured chocolate cake, slathered in silky Milo frosting and dusted with Milo!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare 9 inch round baking pan, lined with parchment paper, greased and dusted with flour.
- Sift all dry ingredients and mix it together.
- Combine all liquid ingredients together except for the boiling water. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients.
- Mix well using a wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
- Add the boiled water and mix well.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50 – 60 minutes. Insert a stick in the centre of the cake to test if it’s done. If the stick comes out clean then it’s ready. Transfer un cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
- For the buttercream, softened the butter using hand mixer.
- Add the icing sugar and Milo and milk. Mix it well and set aside.
- Once the cake has cooled down, slice the cake through the middle. Spread a good amount of frosting on one part of the cake. Then put the 2nd part of the cake on top. Spread the rest of the remaining buttercream. Lastly, sprinkle Milo on top.
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: Milo Cake